The first Christmas card of the year

Welcome to my craft blog!
For my first post I thought I would share my first Christmas card of the year. This card uses focuses on one of my favourite techniques - die-cutting! For me nothing else screams Christmas like red and gold, and the off-white card gives it a modern twist. I don't usually use mirror card so this card is an exception. Unfortunately it's also hard to photograph!




The frame die is an old Sizzix framelits die and the poinsettias were cut using some Sue Wilson dies (I just love these poinsettias and they end up on almost every Christmas card I make!). I used a Crafter's Companion Create a Card die (called Garden Party) to cut the detail that's behind the frame and in the corners of the card. The swirls were cut using a Spellbinders die and the gold leaves were made using Sue Wilson's olive branch dies. Tonic Nuvo drops were used to finish the card - I love creating faux pearls with these.




The card is 6x6 inches in size.
Thanks for reading!
Lilly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add Pearls

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add a Butterfly

Hunkydory Prism Watercolour Pencils