Set Sail

Today I'm sharing a card made using the For The Love of Stamps Set Sail stamp set and masks. I must admit I had never actually used masks before creating my samples for this For The Love of Stamps release! But I had so much fun with them and they were really easy to use too.




I had so much fun making this card! The backing piece was created using the mask with vintage photo Distress Ink onto kraft card. I inked the next kraft layer up using the same ink, and mounted the piece onto some grey card. The ship stamp is coloured using Distress Ink and a waterbrush (I don't use this technique enough!). I added 2 layers of UTEE onto the piece and created a cracked effect by bending the card so the embossing cracked. I added a die cut frame in grey (lightly inked with black ink) to create a port hole effect.




The sentiment is one of the masks and I cut it out in a pennant shape and inked the edges. The cute little anchor is another of the masks that is inked onto grey card and cut out by hand.




I will be entering this one into the following challenges:
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #1750 anything goes http://pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/pip-challenge-1750.html
Stamps & Fun = Creativity #314 anything goes http://stampsfun-creativity.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/ch314-anything-goes.html
The Paper Nest Dolls December Challenge https://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/december-challenge.html
Crafting From The Heart #187 anything goes http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/challenge-187.html

Comments

  1. Your card was perfect for that "cracked glass" technique! Super masculine card! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and special card. Hard for me to do masculine cards, so I appreciate the inspiration! Thank you for entering the Paper Nest Dolls challenge! Karen (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog - I love reading them and really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add Pearls

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add a Butterfly

Hunkydory Prism Watercolour Pencils