Blue Flowers

I've had a busy weekend creating my first set of samples as part of the Hunkydory For The Love of Stamps Design Team. I've had so much fun with these gorgeous stamps and can't wait to share my samples once the stamps are released!
Today I'm sharing a relatively simple stamped card in colours that I don't tend to use - sky blue and white.




I started by stamping the corners from Heartfelt Creations' Berry Blossoms stamp set onto a rectangle of white card. I coloured these in using coloured pencils. I matted this layer onto a piece of blue Core'dinations cardstock and stuck this onto the white 5x7 inch card blank. I die cut an oval in white using one of Sue Wilson's double pierced ovals, and stamped the flourish stamp (from the same set) onto this. This was also coloured in using similar tones to the other flowers. I stamped my sentiment onto the same piece then matted the white oval onto a blue oval (hand cut). I lightly inked the edges of the blue oval using Distress Inks. I embellished the card using hand coloured flowers (stamped using the Berry Blossoms stamp set), stamped and coloured leaves and white die cut flourishes. Like usual, the finishing touches were some silver glitter glue to the centres of the flowers. I'm not a huge fan of loose glitter as it gets everywhere, so glitter glue has to be one of my favourite products!




I will be entering this one into the following challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #69 Anything Goes http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/challenge-69.html
Mari Ko Creations Challenge #1 Anything Goes https://marikochallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/challenge-1-anything-goes.html
Crafting From The Heart #183 Anything Goes http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/challenge-183.html
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge #265 Anything Goes http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/challenge-265.html

Comments

  1. Oh Wow this is wonderful! Great set of stamps used on this beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us over at Lil patch of crafty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Thank you so much for joining in the first challenge at Mari Ko Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great layout! I love the pop of blue against the white background. The pierced detail is a great finishing touch.

    Thank you for playing along at Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the touch of sparkle, great work!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog - I love reading them and really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add Pearls

Crafty Catz Challenge - Add a Butterfly

Hunkydory Prism Watercolour Pencils